Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SMART Notebook Freebie #1 - Magic Hat

One of the most important aspects of introducing new technology, such as SMART Boards, into the classroom is the willingness of teachers to share their knowledge and ideas.  As such, I thought it was time that I shared a file or two that I often use during workshops with teachers.

Enter my SMART Notebook Freebie #1 - Magic Hat:
(since blogger won't let me upload files, please go to http://drop.io/magic_hat to access and download this SMART Notebook file.)

April 8th *Update* I just added it to the SMART Exchange - click here to redirect to its location


The intent behind this file is to develop pages of review activities (for a small group of students to test each other with), or to investigate the correct answer to knowledge based concepts. Obviously, this idea can be used with any grade level/subject area -- I've included 3 examples from Junior High Math, Kindergarten Language Arts and High School Chemistry to demonstrate this. Please feel free to modify the content on these pages to fit your own content.




Directions on how to modify: (the short version is on the pull tab on the Notebook page)


1. Select the text/picture answers

2. A drop down menu appears

3. Select "grouping" and "ungroup"

4. You will now have 2 text items -- the answer is in black ink, while the identifier of "correct" or "incorrect" is in white ink

5. Once you've changed your answers and identifiers, group the 2 items back together (select "grouping" and "group") from the drop down menu and VOILA!

This is a fun small group activity that kids of all ages enjoy. I hope you do too! :)

Vanessa

P.S. Just added by blog to Technorati, so I'm dutifully adding my claim number 5TW7KKBSBQY8 in order to prove to the powers of be that I have control over this blog :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi VanessaS
    Congratulations.
    Please tell me more about the Magic Hat.
    Regards/FilipeAlvesFerreira#4(1942)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Thought it was time to put some of my content onto the web -- I have a million files that I've used for a variety of workshops. Thinking about sharing bits and pieces that I've used numerous times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Thanks for sharing this, I opened it in ActivInspire (for Promethean) and it works great there too.

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map