Thursday, April 22, 2010

Changes Are Coming!

A very quick post today to inform all of my loyal blog readers (thanks Mom!) that my blog will be transferred over to Joomla tomorrow.  


How will this affect you?   
  • If you currently subscribe via RSS, or use a link to the main page url (http://blog.sharpsav.com), you will not have any issues.


  • If you have links posted to specific blog posts, you will NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINKS over the coming weeks. The initial link will be broken until I can transfer that original post to the new site.  At that point, you will be able to search for the new expanded url for each post on the new site.
    • FYI, my plan is to sloooowly transfer older posts to the new site over the course of the next 7 - 10 days.  


  • If you previously commented on an older post, your comments will disappear from the comments section on the new site.  I'm planning on at least taking a quick snapshot of comments from the old site so that we don't lose any conversations, ideas or questions that might help newcomers to the blog.
Other changes? The aesthetics will change as well, but aside from that it will still be me updating the blog and hopefully continuing to provide you with useful, funny, interesting, tolerable information.


I thank everyone in advance for their support, patience and suggestions as I make this transition. (for those who have asked 'why' this is happening, it's simply a case of our company wanted to host all of our relevant pages ourselves rather than using a 3rd party site such as Blogger).

I'm super excited about this move now that I've had a chance to play with Joomla.  I think I'll actually be able to do more, with greater efficiency.


If you have any questions, concerns or idea please email me: vanessa.cassie@sharpsav.com.


Please also email me if you find broken links over the coming weeks! :)




Wish me luck!!
Vanessa

1 comment:

Clustr Map