As anyone who follows NHL hockey is aware, the Calgary Flames didn't make playoffs this year. :( There are a number of things that suck about this fact:
1. I don't have an excuse to eat, drink and be merry with friends at a local pub every 2 nights or so
2. My awesome Calgary Flames t-shirts have been demoted to pajama wear for another year
3. We (as Calgarians) don't get to excessively make fun of Edmonton Oilers fans -- who finished dead last, for the record
But as with all less-than-ideal scenarios, there's always a silver lining (or two):
1. My wallet will thank me later for not dropping $40 every 2nd night
2. I might actually be productive in other areas of my life for April - June
and most importantly:
3. The radio station X92.9 gets fresh material to make fun of
Last year, the very funny folks from the morning show on X92.9 in Calgary made a parody song of all the really lame playoff parody songs produced by other radio stations. This year they made a song that parodies their own parody from last year, focusing on the Flames not making playoffs.
Confused? Listen here
At least we can laugh about our tenth place finish!