Monday, April 5, 2010

Math Tools Part IV - Formula Handwriting Recognition

In today's tutorial on Math Tools for SMART Notebook, I've featured what I believe is the best element of the new toolbar -- formula handwriting recognition.  While SMART Notebook has always allowed for handwriting to be converted into actual text, most Math formulas went "wonky" when teachers tried to apply this element. 

Luckily, SMART recognized the need and demand for this feature when they released their Math toolbar! Check out my quick 'how-to' video below for a demo of what this new option can do for the Math teachers you know. (Where was this when I was a kid?):





For those keeping track, this is my 4th venture into the world of 'how to' video making. I gotta say, it doesn't get any easier to hear your own voice played back! lol :)

Happy Monday!

Vanessa

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool. The Math teachers in the building will love this. Thanks for the video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever is that? As you said, pity that wasn't around when I was a student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, this is a common complaint among our math teachers....I'm glad to offer them a solution, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What version of Notebook are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is version 10.6 (for Windows) with the new Math Toolbar plug in (which you need to purchase separately). It's awesome -- tons of cool Math tools that the basic version of Notebook doesn't have :)

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map