Monday, March 1, 2010

New to Notebook? 5 Tips & Tricks to Get You Started

I'm always on the lookout for new resources to help support teachers integrate various pieces of technology into their classroom practice.  While I love spending time with teachers at workshops, the reality is that sometimes they just need a quick 'demo' of some basic features to get them started.

Enter eduTecher: an excellent site devoted to tons of different resources and tutorials to help get teachers up and running with technology in the classroom.  A colleague of mine came across a particularly useful video entitled 5 Tips and Tricks for the SmartBoard:



If you're new to SMART Notebook, I highly recommend taking a look at the above video.  Funny enough, despite tons of experience with a SMART Board, I was completely unaware of Tip #5 until my SMART certification this past Fall!  Just goes to show that sometimes you don't know what you don't know!

I hope this helps those SMART newbies out there!
Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. Vanessa, this is such a well done video...engaging enough to keep our attention through all of the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this video I loved it. Thankyou for reminding me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I can't take all the credit -- a colleague of mine emailed me this a few weeks ago :) It's a nice reminder that sometimes teachers need a very quick, simplistic intro to get them going.

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map