I realize I might be a bit behind discussing this video that has gone viral on YouTube, but I feel that what it represents is pertinent none the less:
There are a few things that I really like about this video:
- Kids look like they're having fun (don't we all want our students to show enthusiasm in school?)
- It demonstrates the power of using contemporary, pop culture events to reach students on a level they're familiar with
- The singer has a great voice!
- Organizers took great care to mimic the original Black Eyed Peas flash mob scenario as closely as possible
- The use of technology is key to the success of this activity. Had this event been held without proper audio components or without a numerous camera angles, the video would not have been nearly as effective.
Kudos to the educators who organized this wonderful activity!