Monday, March 29, 2010

"Gotta Keep Reading"

I realize I might be a bit behind discussing this video that has gone viral on YouTube, but I feel that what it represents is pertinent none the less:





There are a few things that I really like about this video:

- Kids look like they're having fun (don't we all want our students to show enthusiasm in school?)

- It demonstrates the power of using contemporary, pop culture events to reach students on a level they're familiar with

- The singer has a great voice!

- Organizers took great care to mimic the original Black Eyed Peas flash mob scenario as closely as possible

- The use of technology is key to the success of this activity. Had this event been held without proper audio components or without a numerous camera angles, the video would not have been nearly as effective.


Kudos to the educators who organized this wonderful activity!

Vanessa

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that! I remember seeing that in December, what an show of pulling together! Gets my mojo up for finishing a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I haven't seen it..I am late to the party I guess. Thank you for sharing it. I want my school to get something like this together, love the whole school working together for common goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - this school is obviously very creative and committed to getting their students involved in 'cool' projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea this video had gone viral. Ocoee Middle is where I went to middle school. I watched the video myself last week for the first time and was very impressed. Seeing it show up in my reader being blogged about was impressive:) Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this video as well. That's why, as bloggers, it ok to post something that might be "old" because it will be new to someone else.

    I love the video and I agree with Chris. It gets me pumped to finish the year strong. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tamra! That's so awesome to be able to look back as an 'alumni' and see the great things that your school is doing :) And Nick, if it weren't for the blogs I follow or regurgitated tweets, I'd never be able to keep up with all of the wonderful stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map