Friday, March 5, 2010

Fresh Look Fridays -- Human Body Interactive

Being a former high school Social Studies teacher, I love when I get a great interactive website outside of my area of expertise that still engages me! The Human Body Interactive, put out by the BBC, does just that.



Learn about organs, muscles, skeleton or the nervous system through an interactive placement game.  I envision this being used in the classroom as either a review session or, better yet, as a collaborative small-group inquiry session on an iwb.

Thanks to my former colleague Shannon Cederstrand (an excellent high school Biology teacher at Oilfields High School) for the awesome link!

Vanessa

P.S. As I publish this post to my blog, I'm getting ready to head out to my 5th teachers' convention in as many weeks [for those at the Central East Alberta Teachers' Convention stop by and say hi!]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I have a bio teacher who loves stuff like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BBC has such excellent resources. They never cease to amaze me! This is an excellent interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interactive for science explorations! Here are two others for IWBs that are great: http://bit.ly/c8gK7Q http://bit.ly/bnFWWM

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map