Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Technology and Social Skills

The past few weeks have been crazy! I've done tons of awesome workshops with teachers, both in person as well as via Bridgit & videoconferencing. It's also teacher convention season, which means that every Thursday and Friday I get to hang out with teachers, admin, tech people and our sales guys at our booth.

Alas, this busy season also means that I sometimes don't get the proper time to write a blog post.  Or at least not a blog post that I'm willing to publish on the world wide web!

Since it's mid-week and I know that many teachers are buried in report card season, here's another great tech cartoon that I found.  Obviously, this points out the skepticism that some people have regarding whether or not too much reliance on technology can have a negative impact on social skills:

1 comment:

  1. This is all too true for so many. Luckily, my students still crave the actual human interaction! Even when working on a Wallwisher, they still want their friend sitting next to them to see what they wrote on their screen (even though they could easily see it on their own screen). They can sit right next to each other chatting and still lean over to say, "quick look at the message I sent you." I have to say, I enjoy seeing the kids interact with each other in person even though they are also doing it virtually.

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map