Thursday, January 28, 2010

IE, MF and GC - The Alphabet of Internet Browsers in Education





I've been spending a fair bit of time discussing internet browsers over the past few weeks. I've been pitching Mozilla Firefox to many teachers at workshops, mainly because I like some of the add-ons that it has to offer.

But all this talking about browsers got me wondering -- what do most people use? Why? A quick Google search came up with a list of top internet browsers, but the three that I run into most in education (minus our Mac users) are Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.



My psychic powers tell me that Internet Explorer going to meet the same fate as Netscape Navigator. Which means that I must convince schools to soon pledge allegiance to either Firefox or Chrome...

What does your school division use primarily? Any particular reason(s) why?

2 comments:

  1. I use Firefox primarily but use Opera and Chrome equally as heavily. I use Sea Monkey for my gradebook (because it works best there) and Safari for quick searches. No method to the madness, I use 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Mac user, but I still choose Firefox as my favorite. I love the flexibility with using all the add-ons. Though I must say, I've been impressed with the speed of Chrome when I've tested it.

    ReplyDelete

Clustr Map